Monday, 14 September 2026

Family Tree - Stan Walker



Verse 1

Where the mountains kiss the clouds on the highest peaks

Let the water trickle down to the mountains' feet

The river whispers, shares its secrets with me

Reminds me of who I am, feels like home to me

Te mea nui o taku ao, it is my family

And the world we created belongs to you and me

And if we ever wonder, we stay faithful to the sea

It connects us together, we are a family


Chorus

Got you forever (Every single day)

Got me forever (Ooh, I'm never too far away)

Got you forever (Look at what we made)

Never going away (What we made, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Got you forever (We were lost but now we're found)

Got me forever (Yeah, I'll never let you down)

Got you forever (I'll always be around)

Never going away (Always be around, yeah-yeah)


Verse 2

Every branch, every leaf rooted in history

Where white sand meets the sea, let the waves wash over me

And wherever you are is where I need to be

'Cause we share the same stars from the west to the east


Chorus

Got you forever (Po noa ao noa)

Got me forever (Kei to taha ahau)

Got you forever (Kua puta nga hua)

Never going away (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Got you for forever (Kua ora ano)

Got me forever (Kei to taha ahau)

Got you forever (He wairua he tipua)

Never going away (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)


Outro

E rere kau mai te awa nui mai i te kāhui maunga

Ki Tangaroa, yeah

Oh, I am you and you are me, and we are one


We are a family 


No comments:

Post a Comment